Prev: Re: [GZG] FTverse colonies Next: [GZG] [SG2][DS2] Battle of Hoth - SG 2 or DS 2?

Re: [GZG] FTverse colinies

From: "Robert Mayberry" <robert.mayberry@g...>
Date: Sun, 4 May 2008 23:18:47 -0400
Subject: Re: [GZG] FTverse colinies

Thanks for the response to my questions!

I'm adapting my standard templates for this-- did a little work today.
Basically my approach is to do a pro forma income statement / balance
sheet for a "typical" colonization project, then use the DuPont Model
as a kind of dashboard for sanity checks. I realize that dupont has
its limitations, especially on projects with a long profit horizon,
but it's great when you're trying to untangle a mess. It's all in
Excel, at least so far. I'll have to do some research on shipping to
firm up the numbers.

Currently, I'm thinking that since we have prices for fighters in both
FT2.5 and DS2, it might be possible to generate a rough conversion
from DS2 points to FT2.5 points, which equate directly to Universal
Credits. From that we can get a ballpark for cost of labor, since DS2
has a points value for infantry. I realize that there are major
limitations to this approach, but it ought to be enough to get costs
to within an order of magnitude.

Of course, this will compete with my existing schoolwork (disclaimer:
I'm only beginning my graduate studies, so I have about a billionth of
your knowledge) so no idea how fast it will go. Would you mind if I
emailed you with a couple questions once in a while?

Rob

--
Robert Mayberry
(678) 984-5113

Prev: Re: [GZG] FTverse colonies Next: [GZG] [SG2][DS2] Battle of Hoth - SG 2 or DS 2?