Prev: Re: [GZG] FTverse colinies Next: Re: [GZG] FTverse colinies

Re: [GZG] FTverse colinies

From: "Robert Mayberry" <robert.mayberry@g...>
Date: Fri, 2 May 2008 22:14:36 -0400
Subject: Re: [GZG] FTverse colinies

I was actually thinking of their efforts to build the Lavi, but the
Mirage applies too. I forgot about those patrol boats! :)

Yeah, I've actually spent much of this semester thinking about these
questions-- especially getting the political, organizational and
logistical elements straight and distilling them into rules. The
military stuff is fun, but I can't say I have a tenth of the knowledge
that some of the people on this board have; but on the macro-level
stuff, I might be able to add something to the conversation. I'll try
to post something to a web page when I get it into a manageable form.

If I create a "politician" unit, we'll all need more Green-3 counters.

Rob

On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 7:39 PM, Tony Wilkinson <twilko@ozemail.com.au>
wrote:

>  I think with the Israelis it's not so much that other militaries
won't
>  come to their aid as civilian governments might not sell them spare
>  parts. The French tried to do this with the Mirage fighter and also
held
>  onto some patrol boats that the Israelis had actually paid for. (The
>  Israelis ended up stealing the boats  and  reverse engenineering the
>  Mirage, with improvements). Just as you were arguing that FSE ship
>  design can keep the small power buyers on a leash to the FSE, the
small
>  powers might decide to take the risk and build their own ships to
keep
>  their independence. The ability to supply and maintain a fleet would
>  play a big part, perhaps bigger than you have suggested, in
determining
>  what sort of fleet a small power builds/buys.
>
>  Just my two bob's worth.
>  Tony.

Robert Mayberry
(678) 984-5113
Robert.Mayberry@gmail.com

Prev: Re: [GZG] FTverse colinies Next: Re: [GZG] FTverse colinies