Prev: Re: [GZG] LITE, LIGHT and other painful matters Next: Re: [GZG] Full Thrust Lite

Re: [GZG] Full Thrust Lite

From: Doug Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2008 17:35:37 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] Full Thrust Lite

I'll be go to heck what I did wrong, but it was 'dozens' of
software/rulesets I was thinking, including Traveller Lite, Photoshop
Lite,
etc.

I was PRETTY sure there were other cases. J, had me going a bit;
obviously,
it made sense. ;->=

Allan, thanks for squaring me away; as much as I live on Google, it's
embarassing to get caught flubbing.

By the way, for those many who have this pet peeve, like I said, 'lite'
is
starting to make sense to me, but I do understand, and have often felt,
your pain.
The_Beast

	     "Allan Goodall"

	     <agoodall@hyperbe

	     ar.com>
	     Sent by:		       gzg-l@vermouth.csua.berkeley.edu

	     gzg-l-bounces@ver
cc
	     mouth.csua.berkel

	     ey.edu
Subject
				       Re: [GZG] Full Thrust Lite

	     04/19/2008 01:21

	     PM

	     Please respond to

	     gzg-l@vermouth.cs

	      ua.berkeley.edu

On Sat, Apr 19, 2008 at 12:46 PM, Doug Evans <devans@nebraska.edu>
wrote:
> Good Gosh! Except for Nintendo's DS Lite, Lite Brights which preceded
>  Miller Brewing's trademark, I think, and few others, I can't Google
any
>  commercial usage!

I found quite a few, actually. Vari-Lite, E-Z-Lite, Macromedia Flash
Lite, Lava Lite, etc.

During a Google search, I found a reference to the book "Trademark &
Copyright Disputes: Litigation Forms and Analysis" on Google Books.
Part of the text said, "For example, take the LITE trademark of Miller
(U.S. Trademark Registration No. 1385379). That trademark is limited
to the exact logo of the word "lite".

I found another reference that Miller tried to trademark "lite" for
use with beer, but could not against other "light" beers. So, they
instead had to trademark "Miller Lite".

So Miller doesn't have the trademark on "lite", just on that
particular logo and "Miller Lite".

Allan

--
Allan Goodall http://www.hyperbear.com

Prev: Re: [GZG] LITE, LIGHT and other painful matters Next: Re: [GZG] Full Thrust Lite