Prev: Re: [GZG] Comments on FT Light Next: Re: [GZG] Comments on FT Light

Re: [GZG] Comments on FT Light

From: Doug Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 12:33:16 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] Comments on FT Light

Now, be fair. I think it's obvious that Peter was trying to be helpful,
and
I couched my own comments in enough irony, and DID state 'in the
future',
that there's a good case that we both thought we were being
constructive.

Most of the side comments have had nothing to do with the ruleset offer
itself, of course.

Anyway, Andy, I DID state I'd be sharing the ruleset at my store. I
apologize to Jon if that didn't sound like gratitude.

Heck, even Mike had criticisms...

Nevermind, sounds like I'm upset, rather than amused.

By the way, Mike, thanks for that! I was in the midst of drafting a note
suggesting that tack. Also, I missed the part about possibly taking out
thrust altogether. Nice to see the forced manuevering because of dead
fire
arc again, no? At least, it's good for a trial game.

Anyway, on the whole off-off topic discussion of 'lite', in spite of my
being the one that cringes when hearing a sentence started with
'Hopefully', as it's misused 99% of the time, and am constantly playing
interpreter between folks each mired in their own jargon, I've come to
appreciate the usefulness of the term that specifies 'subset useful for
introduction or ''trying before buying'''. ;->=

I still cringe when it's used in a political context, like, 'Margaret
Thatcher-lite'.

Hmm... Spellchecker doesn't like 'Nevermind'. Or 'Spellchecker'...

The_Beast

P.S. Really? You don't see 'lite' everywhere in the UK? On everything?
In
every newspaper article? I just assumed the antipathy started when US
companies brought out lite beer, and you've never forgiven the US for
what
we call 'beer' anyway. Foul stuff, that...

P.P.S After weeks of quiet, this has been FUN!

Ken wrote on 04/17/2008 02:17:27 PM:

> Where _I_come from, we don't complain about Free Ice Cream, for Bog's
sake....

Andy wrote on 04/18/2008 10:10:33 AM:

> you wanna be careful.... you sound grateful, & that seems to be a
problem
in