Prev: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] GZG news - FULL THRUST LIGHT! Next: Re: [GZG] Full Thrust Lite

Re: [GZG] Full Thrust Lite

From: Samuel Penn <sam@g...>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 19:01:33 +0100
Subject: Re: [GZG] Full Thrust Lite

On Thursday 17 April 2008 17:47:07 Allan Goodall wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 11:20 AM, Peter Thoenen <eol1@yahoo.com>
wrote:
> >  Also you used "lite" properly everywhere except the download itself
> >  (http://downloads.groundzerogames.net/FTLrules.pdf) where you say
> >  "light" all the time .. can you change the PDF and re-upload ...
looks
> >  amateurish as a result
>
> Actually, Full Thrust is a British product. As such, it uses proper
> English, where the word "lite" does not exist and is an abomination!
>
> :-)
>
> (I'm sort of kidding, but in truth "lite" is an Americanization that
> doesn't exist in British (or Canadian, and I don't think Australian)
> English, so his use of "light" is actually correct.)

Really? I never realised that it was a real word in any language,
and always assumed it was just some annoying misspelling invented by
marketing.

--
Be seeing you,			       http://www.glendale.org.uk
Sam.			    Mail/IM (Jabber): sam@glendale.org.uk

Prev: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] GZG news - FULL THRUST LIGHT! Next: Re: [GZG] Full Thrust Lite