Prev: [GZG] Gas turbine efficiency. (Was: Scale Creep) Next: Re: [GZG] [GZG ECC XI] [AAR] Broadsword: The Raid

Re: [GZG] [GZG ECC XI] [AAR] Broadsword: The Raid

From: "Tom B" <kaladorn@g...>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 20:52:54 -0400
Subject: Re: [GZG] [GZG ECC XI] [AAR] Broadsword: The Raid

n wrote:

"I read this, and I have a big question, How does one go about
"Modifying" SG2 rules for Traveller?"

A1: Mark Kinsey created the modular cutters, defined how many people
could
occupy them, what sorts of weapons could hurt them (none we had) and how
their missiles would work (designed for space combat, poorly). He also
had I
think and alternate damage system for vehicles (or maybe I mis-recall
that).
And he differentiated his vehicles in terms of movement rates, not
something
vanilla SG2 does. That is mostly what he did.

A2: Allan Goodall has written a Traveller conversion for SG2. So have I.
Allan's worked by saying "a gauss rifle in Traveller is a gauss rifle in
SG2" - that is, he used the same stats. So he just converted "PGMP/FGMP"
=
Plasma Gun, etc. He maintained the SG2 balance of weapons vs. each other
and
vs. armour types. My conversion on the other hand tried to preserve the
relative relationships of power of weapon to weapon and weapon to armour
present in the Traveller Universe, so a gauss rifle has stats that fit
in
that context, rather than vanilla SG2 stats. Allan's conversion is up on
the
web somewhere (when I talk to him next I'll ask him where....) and so is
his
scenario Plasma Ambush, which is a Traveller scenario done in SG2. My
conversion was only ever a partial job (some kinks to work out) and has
not
been published yet.

==============

Also, thanks to Redleg and Bobby for the links to some pics. They'll go
into
the AAR shortly.

Take care all,

Thomas B

--
"Now, I go to spread happiness to the rest of the station. It is a
terrible

"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like
administering medicine to the dead." -- Thomas Paine

Thomas Paine

Prev: [GZG] Gas turbine efficiency. (Was: Scale Creep) Next: Re: [GZG] [GZG ECC XI] [AAR] Broadsword: The Raid