Prev: Re: [GZG] [GZG ECC XI] [AAR] Broadsword: The Raid Next: Re: [GZG] Scale Creep

Re: [GZG] Scale Creep

From: "Brian Burger" <blurdesign@g...>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 14:13:45 -0700
Subject: Re: [GZG] Scale Creep

On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 11:16 AM, John Atkinson
<johnmatkinson@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 12:18 PM, Ground Zero Games <jon@gzg.com>
wrote:
>  > >Parking a tank is easy - cars are not an obstacle. The MPG is
lousy though.
>  >  >
>  >  >Michael
>  >
>  >
>  >  It's more a case of GPM rather than MPG, isn't it...?  ;-)
>  >
>  >  (Seem to recall reading long ago that an M60 averaged about 5
gallons
>  >  to the mile!)
>
>  It's been a while since the class, I but IIRC it takes about 5
gallons
>  of fuel just to START the M-1's turbine engine.

Turbines are notorious for gulping fuel when they start. That's why
it's often more effecient to just leave them running. Easier on the
turbine, too - fewer heating/cooling cycles to stress it.

Brian
warbard.ca

Prev: Re: [GZG] [GZG ECC XI] [AAR] Broadsword: The Raid Next: Re: [GZG] Scale Creep