Prev: Re: [GZG] Female listers Next: Re: [GZG] Scale Creep?

Re: [GZG] Scale Creep?

From: "John Atkinson" <johnmatkinson@g...>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 19:27:16 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] Scale Creep?

On Wed, Apr 9, 2008 at 6:45 PM, Mark Kinsey <Kinseym@ptd.net> wrote:

>  Or M48 Patton tanks as German Tanks, as in "Patton" or "Battle of the
>  Bulge". One of my gaming buddies recently told me that the M48's in
>  "Patton" (the battle in the North African desert) were part of the
>  Morrocan army at the time . He and I discussed running the movie
>  versions of one of those two films at Historicon using M48 6mm
>  miniatures for the German tanks. This was part of our effort to thumb
>  our nose at HMGS.for their "no Fantasy or SciFi except on Thurs or
>  Sunday" policy.
>
>  Instead we're running two games set in Germany in 1985 during the
WWIII
>  that never happened and they are perfectly okay with it. Explain that
one.

HMGS?  Isn't that the organization that sponsors DBM tournaments with
fights between New Kingdom Egyptians and 16th Century Germans?

Yeah, they get pissy when you walk over and see cannon on one side and
chariots on the other and go, "Oh, I didn't know there were fantasy
games going on!"

John
and again. We're looking for thousands of Persians."
--Vita Aureliani

Prev: Re: [GZG] Female listers Next: Re: [GZG] Scale Creep?