Prev: Re: [GZG] Female listers Next: [GZG] Scale Creep?

Re: [GZG] Female listers

From: Zoe Brain <aebrain@w...>
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2008 15:46:16 +1000
Subject: Re: [GZG] Female listers

> Oerjan Ariander wrote:

Having just had a rather distressing consultation with my endo, it's
been confirmed that I'm female.
They're just not sure which species.

It's bad to be born Intersexed- a woman with testes, who looks male.
It's good that despite the above, she can rapidly feminise from unknown
causes.
It's really bad that following the removal of said testes, she starts
rapidly masculinising.

T levels are low for female, E levels likewise. SHBG levels indicate
massive amounts of sex hormones being produced and immediately binding
to cellular receptors. There's something happening that the normal tests

don't detect.

The old conjecture by one of my medical team about whether or not I
should be properly classified as /H.Sap./ doesn't seem quite so
ridiculous now. Things went outside "normal human variation" awhile ago,

but this time they've not just left the ballpark, they've gotten airline

tickets for another continent. One with a spaceport. Hopefully they're
return-tickets, but we can't tell at this point.

*Sigh*

So I've been put on the hormonal equivalent of a planet-buster. Oh well,

never a dull moment. Sorry, it's been only 24 hours since the results
came in, I'm still in a bit of a state of shock.

Zoe

Prev: Re: [GZG] Female listers Next: [GZG] Scale Creep?