Prev: Re: [GZG] ESU ships names (Look from the Russian side) Next: Re: [GZG] "old" FT ships....

Re: [GZG] ESU ships names (Look from the Russian side)

From: Phillip Atcliffe <atcliffe@n...>
Date: Sat, 05 Apr 2008 17:37:43 +0100
Subject: Re: [GZG] ESU ships names (Look from the Russian side)

???? ????????? wrote:
>> Given that the ESU is more or less an amalgamation of Russia and
China, how do you think the Chinese influence would be best presented in
ship naming conventions? Follow what you outlined in your post?

> [...] for Chinese ships, I tend to use Chinese words. E g: "Hun Tibet"
(Red Tibet), "T'hen Hong Kong" (Communist Hong Kong), "Marshal Pan Dah
Huay" (he was a famous military leader of there Civil War, so, it's a
good name for "Voroshilov"-class cruiser), "Tunchi Chou En Lai" (Comrade
Chou En Lai, he was a high-ranked revolutionary, not a bad candidate to
call a battlecruiser after).

Well, if you're going to use Communist ship-naming conventions, there'll

just /have/ to be an entire class named "The East Is Red" and only
distinguished by their hull numbers... :-D

Phil, who always wanted to take a trip on TEIR #33 after seeing it in a
TV documentary... ;-)

Prev: Re: [GZG] ESU ships names (Look from the Russian side) Next: Re: [GZG] "old" FT ships....