Prev: Re: [GZG] PDFing SG1, DS1, G-Cav, etc. Next: Re: [GZG] 4 New Painting Tutorials in PDF - Quick & Dirty

Re: [GZG] PDFing SG1, DS1, G-Cav, etc.

From: martin connell <mxconnell@o...>
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 23:07:22 -0400
Subject: Re: [GZG] PDFing SG1, DS1, G-Cav, etc.

er my first attempt not being good enough for printing, I concluded that
making graphic images of text pages would never be good enough or
produce a resonable sized PDF.

I am about half way through using OCR on SG1 and have found a new PDF
creation utility (doPDF) that allows me to create pages in A4 size.
(Word to the wise - the utility PrimoPDF is not so Primo!).

For others trying, I am using the OCR built into HP Precision LTX that
came with my HP scanner, dropping the text into MS Word for editing, and
then using doPDF. First 20 pages amde a PDF about 800K in size.

Regards,
Martin