Prev: [GZG] Missing posts... finally got them.... Next: Re: [GZG] Theory of interstellar trade

[GZG] Theory of interstellar trade

From: "K.H.Ranitzsch" <kh.ranitzsch@t...>
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2008 21:40:53 +0100
Subject: [GZG] Theory of interstellar trade

Hello everybody

The economics of interstellar trade has occasionally been a topic of
discussion on this list.

Here is a contribution by a real economist:

http://www.princeton.edu/~pkrugman/interstellar.pdf

The author, Paul Krugman, now is an economics professor at Princeton and

an op-ed columnist for the New York Times.

To quote him: "Thirty years ago I was an oppressed assistant professor,
caught up in the academic rat race. To cheer myself up I wrote — well,

see for yourself. Joshua Gans of the University of Melbourne scanned a
copy of the thing I wrote — back then academics did their work with
typewriters, abacuses, and stone axes — and was good enough to send me
copy. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you The Theory of Interstellar
Trade."

Be warned, he 'only' discusses relativistic (i.e.non-FTL) trade in
economic theory terms, so it is 'heavy going' in every sense of that
phrase.

Enjoy.

Greetings
Karl Heinz

Prev: [GZG] Missing posts... finally got them.... Next: Re: [GZG] Theory of interstellar trade