Prev: Re: GZG ECC XI: an ACR Next: Re: [GZG] Test

[GZG] [GZG ECC XI] Thanks!

From: "Tom B" <kaladorn@g...>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 01:44:00 -0500
Subject: [GZG] [GZG ECC XI] Thanks!

t wanted to post my thanks to:

Jon Davis
Mark Kochte
(and any other members of the ECC organizing committee)

for putting on an enjoyable event and going through all of the hassle to
negotiate with the hotel, arrange catering, arrange tables, and this
years
best innovation, the big freakin' bucket of beer with ice!

I would also like to thank Mark Kinsey, Kieth Frye, Mark Kochte, Phil
Pournelle, Martin Cowell and Steve Barosi (sp?) for organizing very
scenic
games for me to participate in, two of them in a Traveller theme, one in
WW2 theme, and one in a Victorian Sci-Fi theme. All were fun (although I
think I broke the brains of several of the referees with my tactical
plans
and questions) and were very scenic.

I would like to thank Kieth, Megan (sp?), Tom, Stuart, and Mark for
playing
in the 2300 AD scenario I ran and making it fun and memorable. Stuart,
Mark
and Kieth get some sort of special notice for their miming of Kafer
scuttling, complete with facial mandibles.

I would also like to thank my Canadian companions (Jim, JP and Tom) for
good
company both ways and especially Jim and JP for driving.

I would like to note that I missed seeing Aaron Newman, Rick Rutherford,
Jerry Han, Tom Pope, Adrian "Pegleg" Johnson, and a number of other
familiar
faces at this years Con. It is my hope that we can manage to see more of
these missing folk next year.

I will post some fairly lengthy AARs over the next few days as I finish
them
up, for the amusement of those who did not attend. Hopefully this will
stimulate more of you to make it next year (Adrian, Doug, Laserlight,
Allan,
etc. I'm thinking of you).

To all those who were not there: You missed out on some interesting
games
and some good times.

Thomas B.

--
"Now, I go to spread happiness to the rest of the station. It is a
terrible

"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like
administering medicine to the dead."  --  Thomas Paine

   Thomas Paine

Prev: Re: GZG ECC XI: an ACR Next: Re: [GZG] Test