Prev: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] More new 15mm - MAWPs, GAWPs and more! Next: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] More new 15mm - MAWPs, GAWPs and more!

Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] More new 15mm - MAWPs, GAWPs and more!

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 17:22:55 +0000
Subject: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] More new 15mm - MAWPs, GAWPs and more!

>On Wed, February 20, 2008 22:28, Damo wrote:
>>
>>  On Feb 20, 2008, at 4:33 AM, Ground Zero Games wrote:
>>
>>>  More NEW RELEASES in 15mm,  ...
>>
>>  All great news...but are we ever going to see any of these vehicles
>>  in 25mm?  I ask because my scifi-ish / near modern collection is in
>>  25/28mm and with the basic folding up of DLD Productions I find
>>  myself looking at these 15mm vehicles and saying "I could use a few
>>  of those in 25/28mm."
>
>I've turned to Old Crow for 25mm vehicles, and they look quite
>nice alongside my GZG figures. They're actually better qualilty
>than GZG 25mm vehicles (sorry Jon, but all the resin vehicles
>I've bought from you have required a lot of filing to get them
>into a fit state, though they do look good when finished).

I'd be the first to agree that Jez's (OC) stuff is very nice - and
that most of our 25mm resin moulds are getting very old now, which is
why some items have been disappearing altogether as moulds finally
give up. Maybe some day I'll be able to rework and remould at least
part of the range, and issue new versions with much improved
detailing and casting quality, but right now the costs and time
involved vs. the likely sales numbers simply doesn't make it viable
for me to do that. Oddly, whenever we actually delete an item,
suddenly several people go "Oh no, I REALLY wanted get one of those"
- whereas if they actually HAD ordered one while it was still
available then maybe we'd have felt it worthwhile to do new moulds
for it and keep it in production.....  ;-)

Jon (GZG)