Prev: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question: was Re: [SG3]: What if? Next: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question: was Re: [SG3]: What if?

Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question: was Re: [SG3]: What if?

From: "K.H.Ranitzsch" <kh.ranitzsch@t...>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 06:56:27 +0100
Subject: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question: was Re: [SG3]: What if?

John Atkinson schrieb:

> bots = "I don't like being limited by morale rules and supressions"
>
> IMHO.
>
> That may not be why you're saying it.  It's why some people are saying
it.

> It removes a major strength and emphasis of the rules.  A game where
> robots dominate (and they will, if you allow them to be more or less
> infantry immune to morale and supression with no balancing
> disadvantages) will not be Stargrunt.

Robots should be subject to suppression and morale in a fashion similar
to other troops.

Why ?

A trooper becomes suppressed when his immediate surroundings become too
dangerous to continue with his mission - a robot that ignores this would

very soon become a heap of scrap metal.

A platoon's morale fails when the situation is too hot to continue -
again, only robots with a scrap-heap wish would go on regardless.

Greetings
Karl Heinz