Prev: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question: was Re: [SG3]: What if? Next: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question: was Re: [SG3]: What if?

Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question: was Re: [SG3]: What if?

From: "John Atkinson" <johnmatkinson@g...>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2008 07:56:41 -0600
Subject: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question: was Re: [SG3]: What if?

On Feb 9, 2008 9:17 PM, john tailby <John_Tailby@xtra.co.nz> wrote:

> I want to be able to refight a Sci-Fi version of Black Hawk Down.

> One problem that a lot of games have with their "horde" armies, is
that's
> its really expensive to buy the masses of green conscripts and you
need a
> shovel to remove your casualties each turn.

"I want my cake, and I want to eat it also."

Feh.

I posted the math.  I'll say it again in small words.

You want "Blackhawk Down", you get hordes of troops.  You need 500
militia to do it right against a single SG platoon.  And the
high-tech, highly-trained force with fire support is going to kill
lots and lots and lots of them.  It's pretty much the whole point of
having training, tech, and fire support.  Horde armies ALWAYS take
lots of casualties.  Do you think for a half a moment that if you
could take underarmed, untrained idiots in small numbers and have them
be just as effective as very expensively trained and equipped
Soldiers, anyone would EVER bother with expensively trained and
equipped Soldiers?

You have failed Logic 101.

I'm sure your figures have highly detailed facial expressions.

John
--Vita Aureliani