Prev: Re: [GZG] Outnumbered in Close Assault Next: Re: [GZG] [SG3]: What if?

Re: [GZG] [SG3]: What if?

From: "Don M" <dmaddox1@h...>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 12:54:41 -0600
Subject: Re: [GZG] [SG3]: What if?

* With melee weapons, you are unlikely to stop trying to kill the
      enemy until they are actually dead.  If they're dead, then their
      dead.  No action needed.	I don't believe there are many wounded
      from a H2H fight, at least on the losing side.

I tend to agree with you on that, it's just the circumstances of that
type of fighting are rare. The trench raiders of WWI where the most
effective weapon was the entrenching tool is one example. In most
cases those who "thought" their hand to hand training and martial spirit

would give them victory met with disaster. You only need look at
Japanese Bonsai of hundreds against a hand full of dug in marines that
never succeeded. Firepower usually wins. That said there will always
be the isolated circumstance where troops are intermixed and only
linited use of firearms can be used. There should be something along
the lines of an "Overrun/intermixed/friendlies in line of fire rule" or
something to cover that.

Prev: Re: [GZG] Outnumbered in Close Assault Next: Re: [GZG] [SG3]: What if?