Prev: Re: [GZG] : My own thoughts on CA weapons etc Next: [GZG] New Ship Sightings...

Re: [GZG] [SG3]: What if?

From: Richard Kirke <richardkirke@h...>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 20:25:43 +0000
Subject: Re: [GZG] [SG3]: What if?

r I play SGII I apply two fixes:

1) Cumulative morale: Morale really only starts to bight when a squad
looses more than half of its number at any one time. I imagine that as
the casualties stack up, the morale of a squad should become more
fragile.

2) Close Assault odds: As I have argued (many moons ago) if a figure is
outnumbered in combat it should suffer some penalty. Otherwise there is
no game advantage to outnumbering an opponent in close assault. I apply
a negative (open) die shift against any figure outnumbered in close
assault.

Also, some larger unit morale rules might be added.

Other than that, for the sake of balance (just in case St John is
reading this) I really really like Stargrunt II, it is my favourite
wargame.

Richard
http://mobile.uk.msn.com/pc/mail.aspx

Prev: Re: [GZG] : My own thoughts on CA weapons etc Next: [GZG] New Ship Sightings...