Prev: Re: [GZG] [SG3]: What if? Next: Re: [GZG] [SG3]: What if?

Re: [GZG] [SG3]: What if?

From: "John Atkinson" <johnmatkinson@g...>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 05:31:26 -0600
Subject: Re: [GZG] [SG3]: What if?

On Jan 29, 2008 10:39 PM, Mark Kinsey <Kinseym@ptd.net> wrote:

> 3) Hordes, gangs of civilians portrayed in a meaningful way. I don't
> think you could portray something like "Black Hawk Down" with SG2. If
> you have lots of troops that have not had basic training they use a
D4.
> I find they're not at all effective or fun to play.

Have you tried it with odds of 40 or 50 to one?

Remember that the assault force that was pinned down at the first
crash site was a mere 90 Rangers, and was attacked by a force large
enough to sustain 700 or so KIA.  Some estimates have several thousand
Somalis wounded.  So there had to have been in the neighborhood of
3,000-5,000 or more militia fighters in the streets that day.  There
are low-ball estimates of a mere 2,000 fighters in the neighborhood,
but I doubt that force could have remained combat effective after
casualties that heavy. Even that would have been 22-1.

With a minimum Stargrunt platoon of 24 figures, that requires over 500
militiamen to replicate the Day of the Rangers using the lowest of
estimates.

They aren't going to be "effective".  That's the whole point of mobs
and untrained militiamen so stupid they hack the front sight post off
of their weapons because it interferes with sighting down the barrel.
It's rather like complaining about the law of gravitation.

John
--Vita Aureliani

Prev: Re: [GZG] [SG3]: What if? Next: Re: [GZG] [SG3]: What if?