Prev: Re: [GZG] [SG3]: What if? Next: Re: [GZG] [SG3]: What if?

Re: [GZG] [SG3]: What if?

From: "Don M" <dmaddox1@h...>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 19:26:11 -0600
Subject: Re: [GZG] [SG3]: What if?

If you were working on an SG3 what would you add / try / tweak?

Some things off the top of my head:

1) I'd toy with armor meaning something in close combat.
2) Vehicles having variable speed.
3) A "momentum" mechanic ala- Crossfire e.g. you keep performing
actions until you fail.  This would assume a certain size to the
battlefield.

Anyone else?

Damo

4) Archaic weaponry stats: farmers Vs military sort of thing
or hordes with primitive weapons but NUMBERS.
5) I'd use the optional Platoon Sgt activation rules
(I forget who on list came up with those but, they work)
I'd make that a standard rule.
6) the artillery rules need some work, (granted I'm ex artillery
so somewhat biased here) there needs to be rules to reflect
actual ordnance that exists now like DPICM and FASCAM.
7) counter artillery like the calliope from Hammers Slammers
that can shoot incomming down (that technology is not that
far off by the way)
8) rules for unmanned battlefield aerial drones (armed and unarmed)
9) rules for robotic units.

Prev: Re: [GZG] [SG3]: What if? Next: Re: [GZG] [SG3]: What if?