Prev: Re: [GZG] Glue Removal... Next: Re: [GZG] Glue Removal...

Re: [GZG] Glue Removal...

From: "Star Ranger" <dean@s...>
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2008 18:34:26 -0600
Subject: Re: [GZG] Glue Removal...

> Here's another question for you:
>
> What's a good way to 'break' a superglue bond?
>
> I have some ships on metal poles and bases that I would like to
> reorient.  I'd like to break the glue at either where the pole
connects
> with the ship, or where it goes into the base socket.  Then I can
> reorient the ship on the base.
>
> Any suggestions?  Heat?  Acetone?  Just crank it?

Actually what I have heard is Cold.
Pop the mini in the freezer for a while and when you pull it out, either
the
superglue is brittle or the metal contracts differently than the glue,
and
the bond is easy to break.

Disclaimer: I have not tried this myself.

Dean Gundberg

Starship Combat News
The latest information on Space Games and Miniatures
http://www.star-ranger.com
dean@star-ranger.com

Prev: Re: [GZG] Glue Removal... Next: Re: [GZG] Glue Removal...