Prev: Re: [GZG] Painting Guide for Starships Next: Re: [GZG] Mongosse copy cat's.

Re: [GZG] Mongosse copy cat's.

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2007 13:41:45 +0000
Subject: Re: [GZG] Mongosse copy cat's.

>Ok this may be old new's but , I thought it was pretty close to our own
much
>loved Tuffey verse, so I just thought I would post it to see what
everyones
>thought's were, also, I'm  wondering what the other setting is, Hey
they now
>own the right to do Traveller, with Mr Millers consent.
>
>So that could be it.
>
>   The first, provisionally entitled Emergence, charts Mankind's first
manned
>explorations into the Solar System, where the supernations of the Earth
>compete for territory and resources. It is a great deal lower tech than
>Babylon 5, and we are working hard to give each nation a distinctive
'look'
>with some really nice miniatures. We are aiming to make the fleet lists
>compatible with those in Babylon 5, allowing you to switch between the
two
>settings at will.
>
>We have also just started negotiations on another licensed setting for
>Call to Arms, one that will feature some awesome space battles, spread
>across several different fleets. Even though it uses the same rules as
the
>current CTA, this game will play very, very differently. The technology
in
>this setting is. . . different to that in B5!
>
>Emergence has no solid release date planned, though we are currently
looking
>at the end of 2008 - that said, it could easily be leapfrogged by the
'other'
>setting, which I think some gamers will be prepared to kill for. . ."

I strongly suspect that you are right and this will be Traveller
space combat, which will rather step on the toes of Ken at Ad
Astra....  :-/

Emergence sounds a bit like the "Turning Point" setting that AoG came
out with just before they collapsed; maybe it will be a rehash of
that grafted onto CTA rules....?

>P.s Jon, santa say's i've been good and had only one dummy spit this
year in
>Fullthrust, Dont worry i bashed the rule's into my opponent, so next
time he
>knows how to use  long range missiles correctly, but is Santa bringing
me a
>copy of Fullthrust 3, i'm not asking for me but for the other orphans.

When I saw Santa last week, he was in the middle of his move from the
North Pole to Kyrgystan*; I gave him big box of FT3 for all the
best-behaved gamers, but it may have got lost in the move....

[Hey, if you believe in Santa maybe you'll believe that, too....]

;-)

Jon (GZG)

* Recently heard on the radio that someone with a computer and too
much time on his hands has worked out that Kyrgystan (or however you
spell it) would be the best place for Santa to live in order to
facilitiate his Christmas Eve deliveries to all kids in the world,
given the distribution of population, the Earth's rotation etc....