Prev: Re: [GZG] Painting Guide for Starships Next: Re: [GZG] Painting Guide for Starships

Re: [GZG] Painting Guide for Starships

From: davebill <davebill@c...>
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2007 21:39:48 +1300
Subject: Re: [GZG] Painting Guide for Starships

Hi Mike,

> I want to stick with a base color for each main power (ESU, NAC, NSL,
> FSE) which went well enough.	But tried to apply a black ink wash
which
> didn't work out as well.

<snip>

> So I'm looking for ideas, hints and tips.  Pictures of other craft
> and/or painting guides would be appreciated.	Even if it's just how to
> better apply a wash.	(I have the recipe for 'magic wash' from the
list,
> but I think I went bad by adding too much ink to it.)

I'm no expert painter, but I've put up some photos of ships I've painted

here:

http://billinghurst.spalding.gen.nz/Webstuff/frontframe.html

Check out the Starship Combat: Full Thrust link, and then look in New
Full
Thrust Ships, Stellar Conquest campaign (though only the 4th Battle of
Cephei has photos), or Gallery pages. Also off the main page is a link
Model Making and from there to my Modelling log which has comments on
what
colours I'm using on my ships.

Like you, I've gone for a simple base colour for each fleet and then
detailed to suit. I don't use washes or other frippery :)

Hope this helps.

David

Prev: Re: [GZG] Painting Guide for Starships Next: Re: [GZG] Painting Guide for Starships