Prev: Re: [GZG] Shipboarding'uninvited' [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED] Next: Re: [GZG] FT Interface Craft & what CS for FB ship

Re: [GZG] Shipboarding'uninvited' [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

From: Doug Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2007 07:19:47 -0600
Subject: Re: [GZG] Shipboarding'uninvited' [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

james mitchell wrote on 11/09/2007 01:10:00 AM:

> Hey thanks for the heads up on the deck plans.

***snippage***

> From: "Robertson, Brendan" <Brendan.Robertson@dva.gov.au>

***snippage**

> > Firstly: Deckplans!...

Googling will get LOTS of 'starship deckplans' or 'spaceship deckplans'.
You have to print them yourself, of course, but the variety, and much of
the quality, is excellent.

I have access to a plotter, but PDF's can be 'tiled', and even lowly
Paint
can print across multiple pages. Cut and paste, and maybe laminate, and
there you go! Ok, cardboard walls can be nice...

> > Relating it back to FT...

***snippage

> >> I'm more interested in guidelines for the FT-side of boarding
> >> actions, as I don't think that's ever been even approached.
> >> Finding appropriate rules for the groppos seems easy enough,
> >> though I would think it would be one great way to bring FMA
> >> 'into the world.'

Well, they talk alot about handling the battle after boarding, i.e. back
it
up to the approach and docking, as well...

I meant at the FT level of action. I would say non-manuvering target
ships
would be a requirement, but there's always the thought of Evil
Empire(tm)
boarding torpedoes, which, amazingly, DON'T mash the contents to jelly.

REALLY small inertial dampers indeed! ;->=

The_Beast

Prev: Re: [GZG] Shipboarding'uninvited' [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED] Next: Re: [GZG] FT Interface Craft & what CS for FB ship