Prev: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Latest FT ships!! :-) Next: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Latest FT ships!! :-)

Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Latest FT ships!! :-)

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 10:43:22 +0100
Subject: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Latest FT ships!! :-)

>Ground Zero Games wrote:
>>  Miscellaneous:
>>  FT350	3 x cargo pods with weapon turrets, for "Q-ships" or
armed
>>  auxiliaries £2.00
>
>The pods are the same for the nsl, fse and nac as far as I can see
>from the pics on TMP. I was first thinking about separate Q-ships, but
>considering how you put your deals together I am now thinking
>magnets. This should help with the surprise factor of the q-ships:-)
>
>Frits

Yes, the pods are the same on all the ships (NSL, FSE, NAC and yes,
there will be some ESU ones soon).....

PSB reason: at some rare moment in which they weren't all actively
fighting each other, the Major Powers agreed on a standard spec for
military cargo/tanker modules - it simplifies resupply between
allies, and the fact that this means anyone's captured pods can be
carried off by the enemy is balanced out by the fact that  it works
both ways.....

Real Life reason: ease of manufacture and customisation potential!  ;-)

You COULD drill a small hole into both the pod and its mounting point
and inset very small round magnets, or you could possibly get away
with magnetic strip and steel paper, though this would of course make
the pods stand a little proud of their normal positions.

Jon (GZG)