Prev: Re: [GZG] Campaign rules Next: Re: [GZG] Campaign rules-Nodes [TOBECLASSIFIED] [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Re: [GZG] Campaign rules-Nodes

From: "Bobby Mock" <hansuke@g...>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2007 08:58:27 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] Campaign rules-Nodes

Simon,

I have played several non-GZG games with nodes and found that they help
out
quite a bit since you don't have to keep track of every ship that
decides to
take the long way round. The thing I have been toying with in my mind is
the
concept of nodes which are empty but interconnect with star systems. I
call
them Wild nodes. In the Wild nodes no battles can take place, but
friendlies
can meet up. The Wilds represent all the empty space in-between. I am
thinking that there may be basically two nodes sets (stars to
stars)(Wilds
to Wilds to stars), but haven't quite put it down to practice yet. Do
you
see any flaws or potential nightmares in going this way?

Bobby

I tried to put a basic layout up. Hopefully I set up the file right.
http://hansuke.googlepages.com/S.htm

This was also a consequence of the map, having weaker worlds meant you
left
them mostly undefended. For v0.3 I would get rid of the free form map
and
use a node style map - with lots of interconnections, but still nodes.
Simon
http://fullthrust.2-72.co.uk

Prev: Re: [GZG] Campaign rules Next: Re: [GZG] Campaign rules-Nodes [TOBECLASSIFIED] [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]