Prev: Re: [GZG] Microcarriers (was: NewCampaign) Next: Re: [GZG] Microcarriers (was: NewCampaign)

Re: [GZG] Campaign rules (was Re: [FT] New Campaign from John Tailby)

From: davebill <davebill@c...>
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2007 21:24:53 +1300
Subject: Re: [GZG] Campaign rules (was Re: [FT] New Campaign from John Tailby)

Hi Simon,

Like the rules - very detailed. How did you handle all the record
keeping?
This seems to be a problem with more detailed campaign rules and systems
-
they generate enormous amounts of data and you can end up playing
"Bureaucrats in Space" rather than actual tabletop gaming - though you
guys
seem to come from a role-playing background so perhaps the UN meetings
were
as much fun as the actual battles?

Lots of neat ideas, though!  I like the UN concept and the
auditing/voting
system - also the trade nodes. And the fleet/task force structure. (A
problem I'm having in the campaign I'm running is that we're now getting

fleets of 3000 - 5000 points running around and a game can take 10 hours

with forty plus ships a side).

Did you ever get to play Ver 2, or did everybody graduate and get
mortgages?
:(

Regards

David