Prev: Re: [GZG] Microcarriers (was: NewCampaign) Next: [GZG] Inara's Shuttle

Re: [GZG] [FT] New Campaign from John Tailby

From: mintroll-ft-list <mintroll-gzg-ft@2...>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2007 12:02:09 +0000
Subject: Re: [GZG] [FT] New Campaign from John Tailby

Hi there,

> Thanks for the interest in the campaign

I'm always interested in how groups play campaigns - there are so many
different styles and ideas.

> We are using the stealth rules Inspired by the New Israeli playtest
rules.

> The range band reduction works well.

As a small plug, to my now dead campaign (it ran for a whole year -
which I think was pretty good going), if you want to use any of it be my
guest (though I guess your group won't be interested in the resources
rules). I did write up some nicely formatted summaries, especially of
all the weapon systems - including stealth and decoys etc:

http://fullthrust.2-72.co.uk/systems.html

and the playtest fighter rules (no idea where they currently stand
though, I believe there was another idea posted):

http://fullthrust.2-72.co.uk/fighters.html

I don't really contribute to the list, but I still read it every now and
then. I did spend such a long time writing all that stuff up - makes me
feel better if other people find it useful/use it.

> We tried prewritten orders and found them hard to make work in an

> enjoyable

> way. People enjoy the phased movement.

Yeah, my group liked the logistics stuff more - in fact, to be honest we
designed a space campaign using FT as the combat resolution system. If I
ever run another one I'd tone down so many of the rules. Still, you have
to learn things the hard way sometimes.

Simon

--

Experience is the fool's best teacher; the wise do not need it.

http://fullthrust.2-72.co.uk

Prev: Re: [GZG] Microcarriers (was: NewCampaign) Next: [GZG] Inara's Shuttle