Prev: Re: [GZG] FT question Streamlining Next: Re: [GZG] FTquestionStreamlining [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Re: [GZG] FTquestionStreamlining [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

From: "Robertson, Brendan" <Brendan.Robertson@d...>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 09:34:56 +1000
Subject: Re: [GZG] FTquestionStreamlining [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

I actually think the streamlining costs in FT2.5 are too high.	For the
mass involved, its just not viable to build warships.  If it was 5%/10%
I would actually consider "losing" that mass.

I've actually been thinking lately that streamlining should be part of
the CPV hull cost (so 2x for partial, and 3x for full) to scale with the
size of the ship (with a nominal amount of mass for it).

Its not completely the mass required for atmospheric entry, its
distributing the internal systems to use an appropriate hull shape.
Some mass would be required as aerofoil and control surfaces will dig
into the available "combat" mass.

Brendan
'Neath Southern Skies
http://home.pacific.net.au/~southernsk/