Prev: [GZG] [SG] GPE Artillery Next: Re: [GZG] [SG] Vehicle fire against infantry

[GZG] [SG] Vehicle fire against infantry

From: Samuel Penn <sam@g...>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 18:26:42 +0100
Subject: [GZG] [SG] Vehicle fire against infantry

Hi all,

Dirtside treats vehicle fire against infantry targets differently
according to the type of weapon being used. In Stargrunt, all
vehicle weapons have exactly the same effect (D8 Impact). It
would seem sensible (or at least, more interesting) if different
weapons actually had different effects. I would have thought
that a GAC would be better than an HVC v troops.

Does anyone have house rules for fleshing out SG vehicle weapons in
a bit more detail?

What got me thinking about this was trying to design a Gunspider
(SF25-65, anti-personnel version)[1]. Given that the model is
about size 2, and is supposed to be anti-personnel, it'd be nice
if there was a reason to choose a certain weapon configuration
(as it is, twin RFAC/1 or GAC/2 makes absolutely no difference
given its role). Sticking just SAWs on it soon runs into the
limit on number of weapons and still leaves lots of empty space.

Also, does anyone have suggestions for Dirtside style SLAM
systems or APFC in Stargrunt?

Cheers.

[1] http://www.glendale.org.uk/stargrunt/images/walker.jpg

--
Be seeing you,			       http://www.glendale.org.uk
Sam.			    Mail/IM (Jabber): sam@glendale.org.uk

Prev: [GZG] [SG] GPE Artillery Next: Re: [GZG] [SG] Vehicle fire against infantry