Prev: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] New 15mm Grav APC! Next: Re: [GZG] for the Babylon 5 fans out there...

Re: [GZG] for the Babylon 5 fans out there...

From: Roger Burton West <roger@f...>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 22:48:19 +0100
Subject: Re: [GZG] for the Babylon 5 fans out there...

On Fri, Jul 13, 2007 at 03:48:25PM +1000, Robert N Bryett wrote:
>It's not so much the region codes I mind as the fact that they stuck
Australia in with South America. I mean sorry, but we don't
>have much in common linguistically, economically or culturally. Our
non-home-grown TV programs and movies mostly come from the UK
>or the USA. I'm not sure whether to blame stupidity or malice, but
stupidity is generally more common.

On a 4.38 gigabyte (don't get me started) DVD, they could afford 3 bits
for a region code. (Yeah, 0 is no-region-lock, and 7 is airlines and
such.) I assume it was a tradeoff between not having to press too many
different versions and kicking the Chinese in the teeth. (The UK and
Japan are both in region 2, which is good for anime fans...)

Prev: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] New 15mm Grav APC! Next: Re: [GZG] for the Babylon 5 fans out there...