Prev: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] New 15mm Grav APC! Next: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] New 15mm Grav APC!

Re: [GZG] [FT] question on Missiles/subpacks

From: DOCAgren@a...
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 11:09:23 EDT
Subject: Re: [GZG] [FT] question on Missiles/subpacks

wasn't looking for a yes or no, I was looking at the fluff
answers and those I got and thank U all.    I personally thought the
idea that
unless they were licenesed copy of someone else design that missiles or
subpack
would not be able to load the other designs, and even the licensed
copies
might nor fit in the orginal powers designs right.

Now I did think about the 82mm Mortars and their ability to use 81mm
rounds..
  and wondered if any of the either Major or Minor powers Might try that
idea
for a missile launchers or subpack.   I almost thought that the FSE
might try
that with their missile launchers given that their primary armament

> DOCAGREN
>
> Just a Lurker here on the Digest, But maybe I have a good idea or 2..
> :-)

In a message dated Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 20:48:24 -0600
From: "Richard Bell" writes:

> While you are hoping for either a yes, or  no, the correct answer is
'it
> depends'.  If the FSE missile launcher is mounted on an FSE warship.
the
> odds of it being able to use NI or OUDF missiles is likely to be low;
> unless, the FSE has a reason to conduct joint operations, or the FSE
> supplies the missiles launchers used on NI and OUDF warships.  If the
FSE
> missile launcher is mounted on an NI vessel, of course the NI will be
able
> to reload it NI missiles (which would be licensed copies, or variants,
of
> FSE missiles).
>
> It took a lot of work for NATO to standardise on a set of shared
weapon
> systems, so they could use any NATO supply depot.  The early AIM-9's
and
> soviet AA-2's were functionally identical and of a comparable size,
but they
> were not interchangeable.

 Get a sneak
peek of the all-new AOL at http://discover.aol.com/memed/aolcom30tour

Prev: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] New 15mm Grav APC! Next: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] New 15mm Grav APC!