Prev: Re: [GZG] [OT] Unobtanium was: for the Babylon 5 fans out there... Next: Re: [GZG] [OT] Unobtanium was: for the Babylon 5 fans out there...

Re: [GZG] [OT] Unobtanium was: for the Babylon 5 fans out there...

From: Doug Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 10:27:22 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] [OT] Unobtanium was: for the Babylon 5 fans out there...

FPK3 wrote on 07/12/2007 08:45:36 AM:

> Greetings:
>
> "Raumpatrouille - Die phantastischen Abenteuer des
> Raumschiffes ORION'"
>
> Was that a 60's show that some compared to "Star Trek"? If
> so, I've seen pictures, and maybe have
> run across a website or two, but never actually saw it.

Not sure how some Germans would like the comparison, but it was about a
'Space Patrol'.

> I do have some fond memories of a UK-German production
> from 1977 or so involving evil female
> aliens kidnapping males from Earth or some such. Some
> nifty models, silly plots. A short run TV
> series? Space Maidens? Could it have had such a silly
> name? Ah, no "Star Maidens"!

Sorry, all I can think of is the very grade B 'Queen of Outer Space';
even
as a child, I could only sit, and watch Zsa Zsa Gabor chew scenery in
horror...

*shudder*

> Now there's a good background for a FT campaign!
>
> <http://www.animus-web.demon.co.uk/maidens/design.htm>

Appears wasn't so much about the kidnappings as about role reversals;
ST:
TNG attempted the same with Angel One.

There have been plenty of 'Mars Needs Our Women', but I think Alan
Nourse's
'Raiders From the Rings' probably did the kidnap mates as well as any
I've
read.

Ok, I quit; the topic will soon run out of room for the 'was:'
extensions...

The_Beast