Prev: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Latest batch of new FT ships, Next: Your message to Gzg-l awaits moderator approval

Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Latest batch of new FT ships,

From: "john tailby" <John_Tailby@x...>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2007 21:47:40 +1200
Subject: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Latest batch of new FT ships,

I'd think flames of war would be a good set of rules that you could
graft on
any additional rules for things like helicopters and other weapon
systems
you might want to add.

the in game effects of most sci-fi energy weapons are very similar to
large
caliber kinetic weapons.

Flames of war rules also have a good feel for the difference between
elite
units and conscripts and you can divorce courage from skill. So you can
field hordes or fanatical rabble or war weary veterans that don't want
risk death.

However there is a serious following who really like the opposed roll
mechanism and all the chits and counters. So I guess it is doubtful that
new
rules development would go in a different direction.

Prev: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Latest batch of new FT ships, Next: Your message to Gzg-l awaits moderator approval