Prev: Re: [GZG] Re: 25mm scale armour - Plastic Kits Next: [GZG] More re: [OFFICIAL] More New Ships (FSE and NSL)!

Re: [GZG] 15mm Infantry Platoon packs?

Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 15:56:10 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [GZG] 15mm Infantry Platoon packs?

Hi again folks!

> >>  could do some sort
> >>  of Company-strength deal, say about 10 packs
> with a
> >>  bit of a
> >>  discount....? Who else would be interested in
> >>  something like that?
> >
> >I guess it goes without saying that I would. :)
> >
> >But how about a 5 vs. 5 pack? Giving two slightly
> >overstrength platoons in one deal producing a good
> >start for gaming platoons vs. platoons? (2
> >prone/kneeling and 3 standing per) Also it would be
> >good for people like me who want to have lots of
> >variation without having to many of each?
>

> OK, that's something to think about.
>
> General question to all - if we DID do some
> infantry-only deal packs,
> should we include a squad or so of PA (where
> available) or just stick
> to light inf only?

I have like-minded people along with me here on the
list it seems, yay! :)
No PA in the packs for me please, I'd rather see them
separate too.

> >Otherwise, having a peek in DGP's 101 Vehicles for
> >Megatraveller will produce vehicles that I'd buy by
> >the hundreds! And keep up the style set by the
> newest
> >grav tank for some IFV's and lighter vehicles, and
> >I'll buy them in large amounts as well. :)
>

> Expect to see some more Hi-tech grav very soon!  ;-)

Yay!

> I've got the old "101 vehicles", very good
> inspiration but of course
> it covers all vehicle types and all tech levels -
> any particular
> items out of it that you had in mind?

The Grav vehicles primarily, but, for the sake of
completeness, here goes...

"The Lurkers Wishlist"

Vehicle numbers: 6-8, 11, 12, 14, 20 (But skip the
sponsons, there is no practical use for sponsons when
there is cupolas!!) :) 21, 24, 25-26, (Zho Speeders)
27, (Zho's MBT, the Z-80 is also in a better angle in
Rebellion Sourcebook, there's also a nice Grav vehicle
in the Norris/Deneb page spread) 32-33
(Trepida/Intrepids and Astrins are a must in this
context, an optional hatch/fusion cupola would be nice
to represent the various Astrin versions) 35 and my
favorite, 36. But please dont make the Empress pointy
in the front like Adler did, it ruined the whole
miniature... (Only Trav vehicle I've found and been
able to identified as such produced now)
That ends the military chapter of the book, on to the
Paramilitaries!

As others have said, both closed and open air/rafts
would be very, very good, both open ones, small,
four-seater "Jeep" style weapon carriers (primarily)
and 6-10 seater squad carriers.

And G-Carriers like 43 and 50 and the IISS #52, the
Kankunur. For closed Air/rafts, not stubbies like #51,
its horrible, it looks like it drove off so fast it
left the rear half in the parking lot like some korean
cars look. The #68-style is better for a closed one,
but in a pinch G-carriers can be stand-ins for closed
A/R's too... :)

55-56 are very good looking ATV's, I'd especially love
55 since my players have one. And it's just cool for
some reason. :P

#99 would look good as a close support speeder too,
much like the Zhodanis would.

Also, theres quite a bit of nice looking work vehicles
like mining and repair vehicles that can have a
military application.

Phew! That was a long one, I'm sorry folks, but I'm a
Traveller collector and fanatic... :)

If at least some of these would show up and especially
from you at GZG, I'd be so-o happy! Please please
please... :)

Oh, and I got the T20 Grav Vehicles pdf download for
$5... Wow, thats really nice military Grav Designs,
just a tip! I'll happily supply the pics though if you
want me too. For the rest of T20. Nah. Wrong time,
wrong place. The 900's, Lay sector, on the wrong end
of charted space! And they try to claim the Astrin was
introduced in the 960's when everyone knows it was in
1112! Ahem. Ehhm. Ok, I'm damaged. I'll try to shut up
now.

Many thanks if you managed to read this far! :)

/Johan

(Adler has the Empress, and some other really nice
Traveller inspired designs, but I wont be buying much
more from there, maybe 10-20 more vehicles over the
next couple of months as it's insanely expensive plus
it's 1:300, and I have way too much of that already.
Even though the owner seems to be a nice guy as well.
But if the above mensioned vehicles were to appear in
1:300 from you guys, I'd buy me another couple of
hundred. :))

Collection this far:
CT - 10% complete, MT - 85% Complete, TNE - 100%
Complete, T4 - 50%, when the next package arrives, 75%
complete, G:T - 75% Complete, T20, only one book yet,
and most likely it's the only one it's gonna be. T:5
from Far Future with Marc in the lead again like he
should be, I'll buy them all beginning in july!

I normally really hate the d20 system, thus having put
it off, but after having a read through of the rules
adaptations... Argh, a tiny maybe.

Prev: Re: [GZG] Re: 25mm scale armour - Plastic Kits Next: [GZG] More re: [OFFICIAL] More New Ships (FSE and NSL)!