Prev: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] More New Ships (FSE and NSL)! Next: Re: [GZG] 15mm Infantry Platoon packs?

[GZG] Rules we use

From: "john tailby" <John_Tailby@x...>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 22:14:18 +1200
Subject: [GZG] Rules we use

talking about the playtest rules and how hard it is to get a cohesive
look at what is being tested. Some people asked to see what ruels we
were using.

Here's the rules we use to play our games of Full Thrust.

http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~colefam/Rules-WarlordsVersion.pdf

There is nothing like writing your own set up rules to keep you reminded
of the difficulties of ensuring that it is proof read properly.

We also have the ability to update and release rapidly because it's in a
PDF format and only goes to a small group.

I have not seen many games companies come up with a way of releasing
updates to printed rules.

WRG released rule updates that required you to replace whole paragraphs
and write the changes in yourself or stick paragraphs over the previous
version.

GW do it a bit differently.

Some people protest at the idea of a new version of the rules coming out
every year like a new software product that they have to keep up with.
others are crying out for a new update to their favourite army or rule
set.

Creating the set of rules has been a great source of fun a created a
whole new period of Scifi spaceship combat.
All sorts of models get used from a range of manufacturers including
GZG. The New NSU ships look very cool. The initial FSE model I say I was
not so keen on it looked very flat.

Prev: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] More New Ships (FSE and NSL)! Next: Re: [GZG] 15mm Infantry Platoon packs?