Prev: Re: [GZG] 25mm grav tanks Next: Re: [GZG] 15mm Infantry Platoon packs?

Re: [GZG] 15mm Infantry Platoon packs?

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 09:15:45 +0100
Subject: Re: [GZG] 15mm Infantry Platoon packs?

>  > No, you're right (at present) - because a platoon of
>>  15mm would only
>>  be 3-4 packs (7.50-10.00 GBP list price) it isn't
>>  really enough to
>>  warrant doing a special deal on; but I suppose we
>>  could do some sort
>>  of Company-strength deal, say about 10 packs with a
>>  bit of a
>>  discount....? Who else would be interested in
>>  something like that?
>
>I guess it goes without saying that I would. :)
>
>But how about a 5 vs. 5 pack? Giving two slightly
>overstrength platoons in one deal producing a good
>start for gaming platoons vs. platoons? (2
>prone/kneeling and 3 standing per) Also it would be
>good for people like me who want to have lots of
>variation without having to many of each?

OK, that's something to think about.

General question to all - if we DID do some infantry-only deal packs,
should we include a squad or so of PA (where available) or just stick
to light inf only?

>I'm buying as many figure equipment variants as I can
>for use with gaming Traveller and all the various
>nationalities/tech levels that can be found therein.
>
>(No, my players wont chip in, they're cheap bastards
>who aren't hamsters/fanatics like me. :) )
>

>>  So, what would you want the vehicles to look like?
>>  (Serious question
>>  - suggestions are always welcome!)
>
>Well, the vehicles in the Future Wars range are
>usually really nice, with the exeption of the
>oversixed ones. (Anything having to be classed above a
>4½ in Dirtside. :P )
>
>Otherwise, having a peek in DGP's 101 Vehicles for
>Megatraveller will produce vehicles that I'd buy by
>the hundreds! And keep up the style set by the newest
>grav tank for some IFV's and lighter vehicles, and
>I'll buy them in large amounts as well. :)

Expect to see some more Hi-tech grav very soon!  ;-)

I've got the old "101 vehicles", very good inspiration but of course
it covers all vehicle types and all tech levels - any particular
items out of it that you had in mind?

>>  Jon (GZG)
>>

>That was my ideas, thanks for giving me the
>opportunity to speak up! :)

Input and thoughts are always welcome - we can't guarantee we'll
follow them, but they all get considered!  :-)

Jon (GZG)