Prev: Re: [GZG] So many questions Next: Re: [GZG] So many questions

RE: [GZG]Somanyquestions [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

From: Doug Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 07:33:45 -0500
Subject: RE: [GZG]Somanyquestions [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Brendan wrote on 05/24/2007 01:15:36 AM:

> Welcome to the breach!  Don't mind the sheep or the Narn
> Bat Squad...
> Trying to answer in order:

I'll certainly second, er, third, er, WELCOME!

***snippage***
> 2.  Fighter Bays and Hanger Bays are very similar.  The
> only "in game"
> distinction I can see is the ability to re-arm and relaunch fighters
> during a game.  They both require 1.5 mass per 1 mass of
> ship and cost
> the same.  PSB-wise, you could operate fighters from
> regular hanger bays
> (lots of room), but couldn't operate interface landers
> from a fighter
> bay (specialty design for combat launch/recovery of fighters).
>    In theory, you could operate a fleet carrier with only 1 hanger
> bay (holding 6-8 squadrons + interface shuttles and other
> spacecraft),
> but a single threshold check would eviscerate the ship.
>    Hanger Bays are generally used to carry "parasite" warships
> between star systems (such as mass 3 banzai jammers or
> mass 4 fast scout
> ships).
***snippage***

Really? I thought the fighter bays seen as including specialized
equipment
that made those bays too cramped for shuttles, but the equipment was
abstractly included in the cost of the fighters, which required them.
Sure,
you could roll a fighter out the lock, but combat operations required
specialized equipment. I know many didn't see it that way.

Ok, I'm playing house-rule style, then...

The_Beast

Prev: Re: [GZG] So many questions Next: Re: [GZG] So many questions