Prev: Re: [GZG] Re: Ship Roles & Classes Part Deux Next: Re: [GZG] Re: Ship Roles & Classes Part Deux

Re: [GZG] Re: Ship Roles & Classes Part Deux

From: "Roger Books" <roger.books@g...>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 04:48:49 -0400
Subject: Re: [GZG] Re: Ship Roles & Classes Part Deux

carrier (CV-66, USS America, '85-'89) during the cold war
we were considered expendable once the airplanes were off  the deck.
The
expected scenario was 100s of tactical nukes.  The small boys in our
CV-BG
would be giving themselves up not to keep the carrier alive, but to keep
the
carrier alive long enough to get the planes off the deck with their
retaliatory nukes.

I'm glad those days are gone, It's still a dangerous world but now we
worry
about a terrorist destroying a city.  In the "good old days" a stupid
politician or military leader could have destroyed big chunks of the
world.

Roger