Prev: Re: [GZG] Re: Ship Roles & Classes Next: Re: [GZG]Howtohandleunitsarmedwith"heavy"weapons [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Re: [GZG] Re: Ship Roles & Classes Part Deux

From: Doug Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 07:19:18 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] Re: Ship Roles & Classes Part Deux

Me:
Now, usually a small craft with one, big shot, say, submunitions pack.

How small?

The naval designation for boat is usually 'can be carried by another
craft', ship cannot.

I always heard that a boat wasn't seaworthy for more than brief stints,
while a ship could stay at sea. In SF terms, usually FTL = ship, no FTL
=
boat. It's what I think of in FT, though I know some small FTL craft
have
been called strikeboats.

Basic idea is a lot of little boats that heavy, expensive weopens will
be
wasted on. Giant killers.

The_Beast