Prev: Re: [GZG]Howtohandleunitsarmedwith"heavy"weapons [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED] Next: Re: [GZG]Howtohandleunitsarmedwith"heavy"weapons [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Re: [GZG]Howtohandleunitsarmedwith"heavy"weapons [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

From: "John Atkinson" <johnmatkinson@g...>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 04:47:14 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG]Howtohandleunitsarmedwith"heavy"weapons [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

On 5/14/07, Eli Arndt <emu2020@comcast.net> wrote:

> How do you handle militaries like Hammer's Slammers or some of the
units
> from the Traveller universe?	Sorry, not too experienced at designing
> unconventional forces and need all the help I can get.

Generally, I don't.

But Hammer's Slammers can adequately simulated by having high-impact,
low FP (FP 1, Imp d12) rifles and IAVRs in the infantry squads.  All
other weapons in that universe are vehicle-mounted.

As for Traveller, there was a scenario floating around that was based
on Traveller and had everyone armed with plasma guns.  IIRC, the units
were smaller.

John
--Vita Aureliani