Prev: Re: Nailing Dirtside/Stargrunt Chamber Pots (was Re: [GZG] More re: [OFFICIAL] Salute releases....!) Next: [GZG] New NSL Carrier Pack Question

Re: Nailing Dirtside/Stargrunt Chamber Pots (was Re: [GZG] More re: [OFFICIAL] Salute releases....!)

From: "John Atkinson" <johnmatkinson@g...>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 07:26:21 +0200
Subject: Re: Nailing Dirtside/Stargrunt Chamber Pots (was Re: [GZG] More re: [OFFICIAL] Salute releases....!)

On 4/24/07, emu2020@comcast.net <emu2020@comcast.net> wrote:

> The comments below illustrate a good point.  I think the key to
variation
> may not even require new chasis designs.  In examinign the comments in
this
> thread and my own personal shopping habits when hunting for conversion
> fodder I realized that what I really look for in most is turret shape
and
> gun style.  Other things are secondary like tracks and body style.
One can
> think of the turret as the "face" of	the vehicle.
>
> So far GZG has been great in making the various components
interchangible
> between the different vehicles.  The guns, even some of the turrets
seem to
> be swapable.	The production of new turret styles might fill the bill
just
> as easily.  We have lots of blocky, "western" style turrets. Perhaps
the
> addition of some alternate turret designs would be a quicker fix.
Perhaps
> using the same master models for the hulls to make new molds that
include
> the turrets?	I dunno, I'm just an idea guy.	I am sure this would be
just
> like molding whole new models but there wouldn't be as much investment
in
> new mode

For what it's worth, I play primarily 6mm.  But I store my turrets and
hulls seperately and match them to the specific model.

For instance, I have two models of grav medium tank that I use, one
MDC-armed and one DFFG-armed.  Same hull, different turret.  The same
turrets on tracked hulls produce the second-echelon forces with HKP
and DFFG.

YMMV.

John
--Vita Aureliani