Prev: Re: [GZG] More re: [OFFICIAL] Salute releases....! Next: Re: Nailing Dirtside/Stargrunt Chamber Pots (was Re: [GZG] More re: [OFFICIAL] Salute releases....!)

Re: Nailing Dirtside/Stargrunt Chamber Pots (was Re:[GZG] More re: [OFFICIAL] Salute releases....!)

From: Stephen Bond <daibaka2000@y...>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 08:48:13 +0000 (GMT)
Subject: Re: Nailing Dirtside/Stargrunt Chamber Pots (was Re:[GZG] More re: [OFFICIAL] Salute releases....!)

you probably only need 2 different designs of vehicle for each tech
range; i.e. 2 MBT's, 2 light tanks, 2 APC's for the
tracked/wheeled/hover/walker/low tech grav/high tech grav, etc., with
possibly one or two "iconic" national designs for each GZGverse nation
at some later point. Naturally this means more than doubling the
existing range, but I don't see this as a bad thing! And its a lot more
achievable than unique vehicles for everything and everybody. Expanding
the range of "extra bits" could help with this, as there's an observable
trend in modern armoured vehicles of customers buying base vehicles from
a manufacturer and then adding on third party turrets and weapons
systems (kind of like "Pimp my Tank").

Of course personally I'd like to see some more generic style vehicles
first, especially civvy/paramilitary style ones like the new flat bed
hover truck, but the heavy metal is where the main interest is at, so
I'm prepared to wait. 15mm versions/equivalents of the LIPPC and M44
Coonhound would be nice though... All of which sort of undermines my "2
of each" argument above, but there you go.

Steve.

From: "Oerjan Ariander" <oerjan.ariander@rixmail.se>

> Doug wrote:
>
>>Fair enough, though my suggestion was intended towards larger, already
>>detailed parts.
>
> I was replying to John Tailby though :-/
>
> However, there's very little point in having a basic "turret" or
"hull"
> piece if the "add-on" pieces are going to cover most of it anyway so
the
> "larger parts" in question are effectively the turret and the 1-3 hull

> sections. From the manufacturing-logistics point of view, that makes
> variants of the same basic vehicle effectively the same as entirely
> separate models.
>
> Later,
>
> Oerjan
> oerjan.ariander@rixmail.se

My suggestion was based on the approach taken by Battlefront in their
manufacture of flames of war models.

They produce a very nice range of WW2 vehicles in 15mm.
Their range includes "vehicle stowage" packs.
Tanks kits come with different turret variations and separate spaced
armor /
skirts.

A similar approach could be taken with the GZG range. This would produce

different models of the same tank and or tanks as modified by their new
owners. Especially for lower tech gear that has had add on packs to
upgrade
it's life span.

Yahoo! Answers - Got a question? Someone out there knows the answer. Try
it
now.
http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/