Prev: Re: Nailing Dirtside/Stargrunt Chamber Pots (was Re: [GZG] More re: [OFFICIAL] Salute releases....!) Next: Re: Nailing Dirtside/Stargrunt Chamber Pots (was Re: [GZG] More re:[OFFICIAL] Salute releases....!)

Re: Nailing Dirtside/Stargrunt Chamber Pots (was Re: [GZG] More re: [OFFICIAL] Salute releases....!)

From: Oerjan Ariander <oerjan.ariander@r...>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 07:29:28 +0200
Subject: Re: Nailing Dirtside/Stargrunt Chamber Pots (was Re: [GZG] More re: [OFFICIAL] Salute releases....!)

John Tailby wrote:

> >Maybe, with the benefit of hindsight, if we could go right back to
> >the start of everything and begin again from scratch we'd be better
> >just having two or three major powers making up the GZG-verse, which
> >would make it relatively easy to do specific but comprehensive
> >vehicle ranges for each of them.... but we've got a long legacy now
> >and we're not about to p*ss a lot of people off by changing it all.
;-)

>Isn't this the current situation though?
>Would not a lot of the smaller nations get most of their gear from the
>nations that can make it? [...] To cut down on the manufacturing
logistics
>you could make basic hulls with "conversion packs" to represent local
>adaptations.

For the modeller, the problem with having a basic hull + add-on kits is
that you'd get a LOT of very fiddly little details that would have to be

glued on to the model. Add-on armour in particular tends to cover very
large parts of a vehicle. While it'd be easy for the SCULPTOR to create
the
master models in this fashion, the MANUFACTURER (and retailer, and
certainly the customer) would probably find it easier if each variant
was
produced with all its specific details already fitted.

Regards,

Oerjan
oerjan.ariander@rixmail.se

"Life is like a sewer.