Prev: Re: [GZG] Thrusting in the Cherryverse Next: Re: [GZG] Ninja Magic connectors - a positive review

[GZG] Ninja Magic connectors - a positive review

From: "McCarthy, Tom \(xwave\)" <Tom.McCarthy@x...>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 09:10:03 -0400
Subject: [GZG] Ninja Magic connectors - a positive review

I wanted to try out some Ninja Magic starship basing connectors, so upon
our return from GZG ECC X, Jim Bell and I placed an order.

We wanted a reasonable sample size without spending a ton of money if
they didn't work, so we each got 4x 5 matched connectors, and 4x 10
short connectors (ship side only). This would let each of us have 20
ship bases and 60 swappable ships.

There was a two to three week delay while our order was prepared; stock
was low at Rattlehead Games, and so Ninja Magic had to restock them.

The order arrived about a week ago, and I promptly picked my share out
of the order and started checking magnet polarities.  Both the 'barrel'
on the flight stand and the 'short connector' on the starship have a
magnet inside, and all 60 of my connectors matched any of my 20 barrels.
(They also have eight teeth where they meet to prevent rotation and a
recommended standard of mounting a barrel tooth forward and a matching
connector gap).

I had to file some mould lines and flash off the barrels and connectors,
and priming the connectors was tricky (I wound up priming the flight
stands three times in order to primer each connector).	Still, I'm very
happy with the product.

Prev: Re: [GZG] Thrusting in the Cherryverse Next: Re: [GZG] Ninja Magic connectors - a positive review