Prev: Re: [GZG] Thrusting in the Cherryverse Next: Re: [GZG] Thrusting in the Cherryverse

Re: [GZG] Thrusting in the Cherryverse

From: Zoe Brain <aebrain@w...>
Date: Sat, 07 Apr 2007 18:04:35 +1000
Subject: Re: [GZG] Thrusting in the Cherryverse

Richard Bell wrote:
> Unfortunately, it seems that there is no end in sight for the war
> without a miracle allowing either the RHN to dictate terms to a
> recalcitrant Queen Elizabeth following a stupendous defeat of the RMN
> (sadly, this is becoming my preferred ending), or the Queen being
> removed from the throne without any involvement of the Republic of
> Haven.  An idle daydream of mine involves a plausible set of
> circumstances that end with Pritchard being adopted by a treecat,
> which would force the Queen to acknowledge that peeps are people, too.
WARNING : SPOILER FROM "AT ALL COSTS" BELOW

Given that the assault on Manticore involved Mass Megadeath, not
Millions of casualties, but Millions of deaths, I think the
psychological effects on the two nations will be extreme. The RMN has
been destroyed, all but a rump	(which fortunately for Manticore has the

UberWeapon du Jour so is unbeatable - just too tiny to do more than
defend). The RHN navy is having to build new factories to build the
factories to build the printing presses to print "The President of the
Republic Deeply Regrets...." notices for the mass slaughter.

Imagine the Battle of the Somme, times ten. Or an Invasion of Japan
without the A-Bomb - One that *is repelled*.

And Yet, until QE can be assured that the RHN is not a terrorist culture

where cultural genocide is the only way for her children to survive,
then the war will continue, and ManPower rejoice.

In the long term, the Solarian League is also showing signs of going
Roman.

Prev: Re: [GZG] Thrusting in the Cherryverse Next: Re: [GZG] Thrusting in the Cherryverse