Prev: Re: [GZG] IF Heavy Missles Next: Re: [GZG] IF Heavy Missles

Re: [GZG] IF Heavy Missles

From: <laserlight@v...>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 12:44:16 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Re: [GZG] IF Heavy Missles

>Laserlight's rules

Zoe Brain's rules, I'm just hosting them because it's a logical place to
put them.

>say that "HMs must burn 1 point of endurance to make a primary move."
Do Heavy Missles burn an endurance point the turn that they are
launched?

Yes.

>Does anyone regually play them, and do you have any advise on using
them? The NI fleet seems well protected against missle attacks, which
will cut down my punch considerably.

IF squadrons facing NI tend to swap their missile modules for other
weapons; however, there are enough missile-armed squadrons rotating
trough to keep the NI wondering.

I haven't played them with thos exact rules for a while--I've fiddled
around with having PDS hit them only on 5-6, and letting anti-ship
weapons shoot at them at double range (requires one FCS per missile),
and so forth. I'd like to get a complete AAR for feedback.

If you're bringing a lot of missile-armed ships, launch an alpha strike
to overwhelm his defenses; launch it to one side of his formation to
encourage him to maneuver predicatbly. If you're bringing just a few,
then missiles are better at finishing off the wounded.

Prev: Re: [GZG] IF Heavy Missles Next: Re: [GZG] IF Heavy Missles