Prev: [GZG] Re: NSL Ship Names Next: Re: RE: [GZG] Pi Day

Re: [GZG] Re: NSL Ship Names

From: "James Moore" <jmooreou@g...>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 11:27:31 -0400
Subject: Re: [GZG] Re: NSL Ship Names

to be named after runners, then I think somewhere in the
NAC fleet there needs to be a ship named the *Sebastian Coe*. He and
Steve
Prefontaine were my favorites when I was a cross-country runner.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ships_of_the_Austro-Hungarian_Navy

> The idea of a class of scouts named for runners
> appeals to me though it is not a very NSL thing. You
> could have the Pheidippides class which includes –
> well the only runner I can name is Jesse Owens and he
> was American but you get the idea.
>
> Valkyrie class scout.
>
> For example.
> A little bit of theft from Wikipedia produces:
> Super-Dreadnoughts (Länder class):
> Baden-Württemberg
> Bayern
> Berlin
> Brandenburg
> Bremen
> Hamburg
> Hessen
> Mecklenburg-Vorpommern
> Niedersachsen
> Nordrhein-Westfalen
> Rheinland-Pfalz
> Saarland
> Sachsen
> Sachsen-Anhalt
> Schleswig-Holstein
> Thüringen
> This would probably be changed by the time of the
> official setting of Full Thrust but someone who knows
> more can handle that.
>
> I cannot see the new ships yet, the Star Ranger page
> is filtered here in work and I am out tonight so it
> will be Thursday before I get to see them.
>
> Michael
>
> It is by my order and for the good of the state that the bearer of
this
> has done what he has done.
> - Richelieu

" It is best not to leave a live dragon out of your calculations, if he
lives near you."
						  - J.R.R. Tolkien

Prev: [GZG] Re: NSL Ship Names Next: Re: RE: [GZG] Pi Day