Prev: Re: Re: [GZG] New NSL ship naming...? Next: Re: [GZG] Re: New NSL ship naming...?

Re: [GZG] New NSL ship naming...?

From: Doug Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 13:47:42 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] New NSL ship naming...?

I will have to admit, the first time I saw BMW spelled out, I was
wondering
where this Bayern was... ;->=

By the time I'd first seen Munchen (without umlaut, it's all
Anglicized), I
was a little older and more experienced.

In college, I had a friend who hated the way 'mericans said Napoleon,
but
he never took the effort to say Eth-pan-ya for France's neighbor.
*shrug*

Part of the advantage of living in Nebraska is folks are impressed that
you
can read at all and have indoor plumbing. "You have computers there?"
Not
that I wasn't surprised by a lister being in, good gosh, Tasmania!

Actually, Jon, I'm quite satisfied by "'New Construction'"; has a sort
of
charm.

The_Beast

Mark wrote on 03/13/2007 01:07:41 PM:

*snippage*

> Very nice! A lot of people may not make the connection to
> the Englishized name (least many people I've talked to
> about my trip there once a few years ago had no idea what
> city I was speaking of)
>
> Mk

So, would you consider it carrying drone fighters as an attack by
Munchhausen (unlaut showoff!) by proxy?

Chris on 03/13/2007 01:39:19 PM:

> >Light Cruiser- Muenchen (My computer won't do umlauts,
> but I think you get the idea)
>
> While we're at it--change my suggestion for the scoutships
> from Beethoven to Freiherr von Münchhausen
> <grin>

The_Beast

Prev: Re: Re: [GZG] New NSL ship naming...? Next: Re: [GZG] Re: New NSL ship naming...?