Prev: Re: [GZG] FT vector movement systems Next: Re: [GZG] FT vector movement systems

Re: [GZG] FT vector movement systems

From: "Richard Bell" <rlbell.nsuid@g...>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2007 03:48:25 +0000
Subject: Re: [GZG] FT vector movement systems

of battle seldom extends outside of one hex.  With three
hundred kilometer wedges and three hundred kilometer vertical and
horizontal
spacing, you are limited to walls of battle containing less than about
thirty thousand ships (assuming each hex is one hundred thousand
kilometers).  Although you may be exceeding the flag limits, you only
need
to write one set of orders for the entire wall and keep track of one
vector.  As your wall takes damage, you will either have to abandone
cripples (which will solve the problem of writing orders for them by
getting
them promptly destroyed), or limit the orders to what they can comply
with.

On 3/6/07, Roger Books <roger.books@gmail.com> wrote:

> Of course there's always the squadron rules.	They don't look bad.
>
> Roger
>
> On 3/5/07, Robert Makowsky < rmakowsky@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> > Concur,
> >
> > SITS is great for 1-3 ships per player in some sort of skirmish.
Try to